Monday, October 3, 2011

Oct. 3 - Tea and a Robe

I don't think I've posted a picture of just me, all by my lonesome, on this photo-a-day venture, and I feel....weird...by doing it.  Well, I'll just have to get over it because it's the only picture I took today!  The weather has cooled substantially (I'm talking it went from 90º during the day to 45º at night!), and I've been craving the smells, tastes, and sights of autumn.  It has gotten so chilly at night that it became quite necessary to bundle up in my fluffy, cozy robe (which I pretty much wear 90% of the time in winter) and enjoy hot beverage after hot beverage.  Since caffeine is pretty much a no-no for me (it's an anxiety trigger), I've been drinking a LOT of herbal tea.  Can't wait to get my hands on some cinnamon apple tea a.s.a.p.  Annnnnd a little secret, just between you and I...I've been indulging in a small cup of half-caf. coffee with pumpkin spice creamer here and there.  Bliss.  I love fall and have fully concluded that it's my favorite season.  Robes, hot tea, sweaters, moccasin boots, smells of cinnamon, spices, and fires in the air, changing leaves, getting chilly enough to want to get cozy, crisp breezes, warm blankets, new episodes of my favorite t.v. shows, the South Carolina State Fair, dressing my already quite adorable son up in a costume that somehow make him even more adorable, feeling like it is again acceptable to light a candle in my home (in the sickening heat of the summer, it's just.....wrong somehow).  Ahhh, autumn-I welcome you with open arms.

1 comment:

  1. I accidentally happened upon your blogged...and was thrilled to find someone somewhat like me! I liked this post especially because when I actually get a free moment, I can be found in my robe with tea (rarely coffee). I am also a Christian woman, and I have 2 sweet step children 2 and 4. You have totally inspired me to start writing on my blog again! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete