Thursday, August 11, 2011

Aug. 11 - Morning Walks

A part of my recovery process from my anxiety disorder has been daily exercise.  After breakfast, the first thing Griffin and I do is go out for a nice, long walk in our neighborhood.  I've never been a huge fan of exercise, but these walks have been so therapeutic for me that I absolutely cannot wait to get out on my walk each morning.  I love everything about it, the sun, the morning sounds, the kids and moms out to play, and I can feel the anxiety draining away through every step, every bead of sweat.  It's wonderful.  Since we first visited the Village (our neighborhood), I have loved the entrance, pictured above.  It always reminds me of driving into a campground, a cathedral of boughs.  I look up into those boughs each morning and thank the Lord, maker of beautiful things, things that lift our spirits, reveal snippets of His beauty, and ultimately point us to our Maker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment