Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 14 - Graduation Day

The day has finally arrived!  Oliver and I graduated from Columbia International University at 11:30am, both with a Bachelor of Arts in Bible and Humanities, summa cum laude.  We were able to have Oliver's parents, his brother, and Cindy in town for the big event.  Oliver's dad tried picking Griffin up from the nursery and bringing him into the ceremony to see us graduate, but the applause and screams of congratulations for the graduates just prior to us scared Griffin.  So, Granddaddy played outside with him until the end of the ceremony.  It was so special for Oliver and I to sit together at our graduation and walk, one right after the other, across that stage.  It has been a long, tough road, and there has been a lot of sacrifice made for us to go back to college 5 years after graduating high school.  College was a lot different for us than for most people.  There were no late night chats with the roommate, sororities, fraternities, sports, parties on the weekends, road trips with friends, hall meetings, or anything like that for us.  We came into it all married, and three semesters before I finished, I found out I was pregnant.  I cannot say it's been easy, and I cannot say it's been all fun times.  But I can say that it was worth it, and I can say that we are proud to have overcome all the obstacles by the grace of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment