Saturday, April 30, 2011

Apr. 30 - Insanity

This is what my kitchen looks like every night.  It's insanity.  After I feed Griffin, give him a bath, and put him to bed, it's time to clean up the trail of the day's events.  I usually start in the bathroom and work towards the front of the house...and sometimes I don't make it to the mound of dishes and/or the catastrophic apocalypse that has taken place in the kitchen.  Why, oh why did you die on me when I was 8 months pregnant, dishwasher?  How, oh how can there be so much damage done in the preparation and consumption of three meals?  Now, I know that as our family grows, the kitchen mess will increase exponentially.  I can say that I do not look forward to this.  It's easy to spend a good 45 minutes to an hour to set the kitchen straight each night, between the washing of the dishes, sweeping of the floor, cleaning of the highchair, putting away of the food, etc, etc.  Also, I would like to take this opportunity to address the invisible gnome living in our house somewhere who apparently thinks it's okay to use an inordinate amount of dishes each day and leave them sitting in the sink.  I know you are here, because there is no WAY we use all those dishes in one day.  Besides, aren't gnomes supposed to help with the cleaning, rather than add to it?  You are not welcome here.  Sincerely, Dishpan Hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment