Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sept. 15 - Life Lines

I've always had a crease between my eyebrows when I squint, frown, etc., but I noticed today that it is now there permanently.  This was inevitable, seeing as how everyone on my dad's side of the family have it, but I suppose I thought I had a few more years left before it came to set up camp for good.  This past year (or should I say 5 years?!) has been so challenging and forehead-crease-inducing.  I see that crease in the mirror and think about all the life that has been lived, all the exams, papers, sleepless nights, financial and anxiety issues, relationship struggles, first-time motherhood, etc. that has taken place over the past 5 years.  I am so thankful to be able to say that the Lord has brought us through it all, and we are changed because of it all.  Just like freckles form from time spent in the sun, wrinkles and creases form due to age, time, life lived as we navigate the day-to-day obstacles.  Life is hard, and it leaves marks.  The more experience you have, the more marks you will gain.  I will think of my perma-crease as I do my stretch marks from Griffin...battle scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment