Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sept. 25 - Jesus Clouds

This was God's sky tonight, after a day of strange downpours and an evening of odd light.  I stepped outside after putting Griffin to bed because I noticed that the outdoors were glowing heavily with yellowish-pink.  I had never seen anything like it, so I grabbed my camera, thinking to myself, "How do I capture this glow?"  And then, I stepped outside and saw it...  The sky was absolutely striking, and it made me think of Christ coming back, for some reason.  I suppose it just seems (in my finite mind) like the kind of breathtaking, dramatic clouds I imagine he will ride in on, the kind of clouds that would be appropriate for the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, the kind of clouds that bring one to a halt and demand a sort of awe and respect, the kind of clouds that could bear the One to whom "every knee shall bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess the Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."  (Philippians 2:10-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment